Friday, September 3, 2010

Coffee, Tea, or Me....

I made the Pita Pizza last night and they were delish!  I used Pita that had 22 carb, 1 sugar...cheese, turkey sausage which were 0,0....pesto which had 1 carb, 0 sugar....Barilla Sweet Peppers sauce which had 4 sugars per 1/2 cup, BUT since I used the pesto as sauce as well, I only needed 1 tablespoon of sauce per pizza....I sprinkled Flax and Benefiber right onto the sauce....baked it in the toaster oven at 350 for 10 minutes and BAM!  Awesomeness.  I also made one using all of the same ingredients but minus the pita, add a low carb tortilla....I baked the tortilla first with a little spray butter and italian seasoning to "crisp it up"....that, too, was delish! 

I have also decided that a cup of coffee in the morning (with benefiber and almond breeze) is the way to go.  It helps keep me full all morning, and not so "snacky".  Oh how i miss my Peppermint Mocha coffeemate creamer though.  Coffee Mate decided just a few months ago to make it a "year around" creamer, and not just at the holidays.  I fondly remember that day like it was yesterday.  Its like God himself opened up the heavens and said "Ok Rachel, your turn."....sigh.  But alas, that creamer has 5g of sugar per tablespoon....and I'm pretty sure I never used just a tablespoon.

Tomorrow is the big weigh-in...We will see how well I have done.  Stay tuned.....

4 comments:

  1. HI Rachel, Welcome to the BFC. I see that you are already following my blog, so you know about me. If there is any help you need, let me know. Friend me on FaceBook and we can chat. 2 things I always say: Don't cheat and Don't give up!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just started the BFC 4 days ago too, and I found your blog. I'm really bad at blogging, but I'm following yours and look forward to seeing your results :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had pizza tonight also! I made ours on Naan Bread (Indian bread found near deli of our grocery) It was delish also! Proud of you for giving up that creamer! ~v* <--me winking at you!
    Come by and visit my blog sometime also! http://nosugarjustspice.blogspot.com (Robin)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel! You are hilarious! I love your blog!! I too LOVE Coffemate Peppermint Mocha..oh and Cholate Toffee...and french vanilla creamer. actually, the list could go on & on. I should work for Coffeemate!! I puffy heart creamer! Good luck with your pregnancy!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete