Thursday, September 9, 2010

Inches VS. Weight....the ultimate battle for my waistline.

Welp, I haven't lost any weight this week.  None. Zilch. Nada.  BUT i have lost an 1.5 inches off my middle.  I made a deal with myself at the beginning of this week not to get mad if I don't lose any until the weekend BECAUSE....its PMS week.  Usually I gain weight this week every month so I just have to be ok that, at least, I haven't gained this time.  I am focusing on the fact that I still have sustained energy all day (not like the sugar crashes of yestermonth) AND, most importantly, its the only diet I have ever stuck to this long....notice I am just pretending to focus on the positive when really I'm setting fire to my scale when i get off work today.  Stupid scale. 

On another positive note, I made an ice cream recipe last night that, with a little tweaking, will be AWESOME next time.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still gonna eat this batch...but i know what I need to change this next time out.  Ingredients were:

1 cup half/half (i noticed the fat free HH is only 1 gs/ 1 gc more than the regular, yes?)
1/2 cup heaving whipping cream (still can't wrap my weight watchers abusing mind around the fact we can use this)
2/3 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 packets stevia (this is where i went wrong...dude, I needed maybe only 6....yikes the sweetness)

blended it with hand-held mixer until frothy and thicker.....dumped it in a freezer friendly container and froze overnight....still yummy and excited to have it tonight.  I only need about 3 bites of it, and then my need for the stuff subsides.  Has anyone ever heard of putting a tablespoon of vodka in it to keep it scoopable?  Til we meet again....which may be prison, because I can feel the PMS course through my veins today. 

7 comments:

  1. Don't worry you're doing good. I don't lose any weight my second week but for some reason I didn't get mad like I usually do because I truely believe this is the right way to eat from now on, plus I did lose an inch off my waist even though I didn't lose any weight. So keep going, you'll see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Rachel,
    When I am on my monthly, as long as I don't gain - i's a good week. Then usually the next week after I usually go down. Don't be hard on yourself for not going up. Just look at it that way. LOL
    I swear I'm gonna make the homemade ice cream one day. I just buy Clemmys. Have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel,

    Your post made me giggle. I know what you mean by having a weight watcher mind. I have a hard time eating a few things on the plan because I think of how many points everything has. Great job on what you have accomplished so far and I know we can do this if we have a little bit of patience. That's easier said then done lol. Hope you have another great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on losing inches girl! :) Sometimes when the scale doesn't move, it's good to check and see if other areas have made progress. In spite of not losing weight, it's apparent that you are getting smaller. Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel about the ice cream i use Maltitol sweetener and heavy whipping cream .it is so good . never gets rock hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel,
    Good job on the 7 pounds and the inches!! I am on week 5 or 6 (can't remember right now) and have only lost 7 total the whole time. I just can't seem to lose anymore! But my inches are decreasing and I'm fitting in new clothes. I share your frustration though!! :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I have heard it , and tried it . It does work

    ReplyDelete