Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I scream, I scream, I really effin scream for ice cream!

Oh My Gosh!  7 pound weight loss!!  How stinkin exciting!  The hubs lost 10!!  Our bed sighs a breath of relief when we lay down at night.  I think I need to get out of the habit of weighing myself everyday...I need to just do it once a week because if I weigh myself in the morning and I have gained a half pound since the day before, I am pissed all day.  You know?  One problem we might hit on this diet is beer.  We really only drink on the weekends, and its not in excess but it is later at night.  I also know that I swell like a water balloon if I have beer or anything salty at night....My husband drinks Busch Light and I love Michelob Ultra.  I had 2 this weekend, and noticed I gained a pound the next morning...which came off yesterday so I am good again.  Will this always happen?  That would suck because we love us some college football season! 

Lets talk ice cream....for the love of Pete, I love the stuff.  I have read all this Clemmy's stuff, and it is sold NOWHERE NEAR my little town of "DeepFriedanddippedinRanch", Indiana.  Whats a girl to do?  Have you found any other alternatives?  I heart milk, and that has been taken away (and I have tried the Almond Breeze, and just can't do it) so please, i need the ice cream....or someone gets hurt.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on those FABULOUS results!!! I hear there's a great Ice Cream recipe out there somewhere in FBCland. Perhaps put a shout out here or on FB for the recipe. IN YO FACE CLEMMY'S!!! See now all your problems have been resolved! Well all except that bloating prob...sounds like you may have to switch over to my Sugar Free Mojito's! Unless of course "DeepFrieddippedinRanch" doesn't sell mint, limes and rum! ~v* <---- me winking at you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I drink beer too and have found it's mostly water weight that it adds, and you must count it in your carb count for the day. I also found Natural Light has very few carbs so you can drink a few cans as a full 1 carb serving compared to others. I have some great documents open to the public on Google. Check them out.
    Plus I make ice cream all the time now...no special ingredients required, and I use my blender...
    1 cup 1/2 N 1/2 cream
    less than 1/2 cup approved sweetener (I use about 1/3 cup Truvia)
    1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
    2 cups (or more) frozen strawberries.
    Put all into the blender. Blend. Freeze to desired texture.

    Hope this helps keep up the good work.

    oh the link for my docs... https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B0LRsA3btfb8NjMyM2NkZTctOGI3My00NzNhLWFlYjAtNTcwMDMxYjM4M2Ux&hl=en

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, unfortunately I have found the same result with drinking. I try not to do it too often because of that or not too late at night. I am so glad that you are both having such good results. And there is a recipe in the book for ice cream, but you need an ice cream maker. Keep up the great work!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel your blog made me laugh. Congrats on the weight loss. I have made the ice cream in the bfc book and it is really good. My first try at making it was a little funny since I have never made homemade ice cream and did not know you had to use ice and salt...lol

    ReplyDelete