Thursday, September 23, 2010

I may have hit a roadblock....a 9 month roadblock....

Soooo....rememeber when I was supposed to get my "visitor"?  WELLLLLL, i never really got the "visitor"....instead i got some plus signs on some sticks after i pee'd on them....4 plus signs to be exact, on 4 different sticks to be exact!!!  Trust me when I say this was completely unexpected, but we are completely undoubtly excited!!!  Its very early, only about 6 weeks....so no cravings.  I hope to stay on the low carb, low sugar path...until i hit the cravings.  I didn't have a lot of cravings with my first pregnancy 7 years ago...i did, however, have a HUGE baby.  10 pounds, 4 ounces...almost 24 inches long.  Even though i had the gestational diabetes test during my 2nd trimester (and it came back ok), my mom always said she thinks I had it because of my giant baby.  Also, with that pregnancy, I only gained 25 pounds.  It was the only time in my life I couldn't gain weight. 
I have felt good so far...no sickness, no heartburn....just tired....which stinks because I have loved this energy the diet has given me.  Do you, blogland, know of anyone who did this diet while pregnant.  I go to the doctor next week to discuss everything but I am assuming its safe to continue....that is....until the Double Stuff Oreos begin to speak to me.

7 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say congratulations! Hope you keep feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A BABY!!!! I Love Babies!!!! Congrats to you and your fam! I cannot imagine a no sugar diet being harmful...we don't really restrict calories so that shouldn't be a prob. But of course I would take the book to the Doc and ask! Please keep us informed with how you are doing! Luv ya Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! What a blessing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats great news about the baby. Congrats. This is what I think about the BFC. I know that you really wanted to loose weight, but I think you should just eat normal while pregnant (but you can still avoid all that sugar). Then go back to it after. Good Luck Rachel!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Congratulations!!! The exact same thing happened to me 6 yrs ago after I had lost 20lbs, ha! Enjoy the pregnancy and everything that comes with it, you can worry about weightloss in 12 months or so!! Dont worry about it right now, just be healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really great!! I think this plan is good for pregnant women, especially if you had gestational diabetes. Stick to the 15 grams of sugar or less, but you need lots of calcium, so take a prenatal and eat lots of cheese. Then you will need to increase your carbs from 6 servings to probably more like 8-10. Even though you're eating for two now, you can still do it healthily without giving into the sugar. My first son was 9 lbs, 7 oz (no diabetes). The second time I really watched my sugar intake, and he was 8 lbs, 11 oz. It did make a difference!! God Bless!! (I'm a lactation counselor if you need any help in the future) :)

    ReplyDelete